St. Paul's Church
Malacca 75000 Malaysia.
Tel: 60 6 288 3599
This imposing ruins on top of a hill overlooking the sea was once a chapel called "Our Lady of the Hill" and was built by Portuguese Captain Duerte Coelho.The Dutch renamed it St Paul's Church after they took over Malacca's rule and used it as a place of worship until Christ Church was completed.
On its grounds lie many graves of Dutch noblemen, including one heartbreaking tomb in memory of 3 young children and their mother all passing within days of each other.
The remains of St Francis Xavier was buried here briefly in 1553 before they were shipped back to India
View Larger Map
1. KL Airport : (N.A)
2. KL Apartment : Ehsan Ria Condominium (0.42 km)
3. KL Bank : BSN (Jalan Gasing) (0.78 km)
4. KL Bar : Kelab Victoria & La Manila Cafe (2.61 km)
5. KL Building : Yayasan Selangor Tower (0.23 km)
6. KL Embassy : (N.A)
7. KL Goverments : National Film Department (NFD) (0.45 km)
8. KL Hotel : Crystal Crown Hotel PJ (0.38 km)
9. KL Mosque : Tun Abdul Aziz Mosque (1.44 km)
10. KL Monorail : (N.A)
11. KL Cinema : Lotus Five Star State Cineplex (1 km)
12. KL Restaurant : A & W Petaling Jaya (Drive-In) (0.42 km)
13. KL Shopping : Amcorp Mall (0.29 km)
14. KL Spa : Gastrodome (3.86 km)